Over time, eyelashes may thin. LATISSE® is the first and only FDA-approved, science-based treatment to enhance eyelash prominence as measured by increases in length, thickness and darkness of eyelashes.
LATISSE solution works gradually and full results are usually seen at week 16. Once you begin, you must continue applying the topical solution each night and follow the directions for best results. If you stop using LATISSE at any time, your eyelashes will return to their previous appearance over several weeks to months.
As the treatment progresses, the first noticeable improvement will be the length of your lashes, followed by greater thickness and darkness. Even if you are satisfied with results by week 8, it is important not to discontinue treatment. It is in week 16 that you will realize the full effect of LATISSE solutions. At this point, you should consult with Dr. Pennoyer or the esthetician on continuing use.
Some important dos and don’ts.
- Do not apply to the lower lid or in the eye, and blot excess solution with a tissue.
- Only use the sterile applicators supplied with LATISSE to apply the product.
- Don’t allow the tip of the bottle or applicator to touch fingers or any other unintended surface, as contamination by common bacteria is known to cause infections.
- Remove contact lenses prior to applying LATISSE. Contact lenses may be reinserted 15 minutes afterwards.
- Remember, if you stop using LATISSE, lashes will gradually return to their previous appearance.